Check out these easy, delicious and all around fantastic recipes I have made this month. If you are on my email list then you have received one a week all month long. But I don’t want anyone to miss out so at the end of each month I will compile that months recipes into a blog!
Lavash Taco Pizza
Before baking: 1 whole lavash 1/4 cup fat free refried beans 2oz of chicken 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese After baking put on the toppings of your choice. I used: tomato lettuce guacamole salsa
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees 2. Lay Lavash on a baking sheet and top with refried beans, chicken, and cheese. 3. Bake for 5 +/- minuets depending desired crunchiness. 4. Cut! Eat! Enjoy!
Serving size: 1
10g P, 3g F, 16g C
MBH Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Before baking: cooking spray (for greasing) 6 3.5- ounces vanilla ice cream sandwiches (low fat) 2 cups frozen whipped fat free topping 2 TBS PB2 + 2-3 TBS of water 2-TBS mixed chopped pecans and peanuts 2 TBS semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and place parchment paper on the inside of pan and let some hangover. 2. In a bowl mix together the PB2 with the water and then mix together the PB2 and the whipped cream. 3. Unwrap 3 sandwiches and place 2 sandwiches into the loaf pan. Cut the third sandwich in half place it in the remaining empty space. 4. Put 1/2 the whipped topping mixture over the top, covering completely. 5. Repeat everything you just did with another layer and then sprinkle the chopped nuts and chocolate chips on top. 6. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. 7. Remove by the parchment paper when ready to serve and slice into 8 servings.
Serving size: 1
4g P, 3g F, 32g C
All The Veggies Soup!
1 tbsp olive oil 1 cup diced carrots 1 cup diced celery 1 cup cubed sweet potato 1 cup diced zucchini 1 cup sliced mushroom 1 cup frozen green beans 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes 5 tsp better than bouillon vegetable broth 5 cups of water 2 tsp Italian seasoning 2 tsp garlic powder
- Take all fresh veggies and cut, slice or dice them to your desired size. 2. Put a little olive oil in a deep pan or pot, add all veggies, cook till tender. 3. Once veggies are tender add the roasted tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. 4. In a separate bowl add 5 tsp of better than bouillon vegetable broth to 5 cups of hot water then add to the pot of veggies. 5. Let simmer for 10 min.
Serving size: 1.5 cups
Calories per serving: 78
2g P, 0g F, 16g C
All In The Pan Pesto Chicken & Veggies!
2 tbsp olive oil 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless (sliced) 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (from jar, chopped) 1 lb asparagus (trimmed ends) 1/3 cup basil pesto 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, add sliced chicken breast, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes – and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.
Calories per serving: 423
54g P, 15g F, 18.5g C