If you are living a macro lifestyle, then yay, go you! You are already ahead of the game on living a healthy life. Are you ready to take it to the next level and make sure you’re living an active lifestyle as well?! Here are some top tips to make sure you are getting your steps in! Do you need a friendly reminder of how many steps you should be taking per day? Check out my blog, Increase Your Activity by Tracking, to see just how many steps you should be taking each day.
Get more steps in!
- While your kiddo(s) are at lessons, don’t wait for them in the car or waiting area, go for a walk.
- If you have a dog take them on a walk three times a day. Even if you have a yard to let them do their business in, don’t make yourself take them on a walk when it’s time to go! If you do not have a dog, get one!
- Anytime you have a break, get moving! This can be at work or at home. Take a quick stroll around the office or the block.
- Always park far away. This is a win, win because you will no longer have to hunt for a parking spot and you will get in more steps!
- Take the stairs, elevators can be tempting, but pass them up and you won’t regret it.
- Go on family walks, or walks by yourself, either way just walk!
- Keep the commercials. Instead of fast forwarding let them play, while there on pick up a few things around the house.
- When you are doing chores around the house like putting away laundry or unloading groceries, don’t try to carry everything at once. Instead only carry a few at a time and make more trips.
- While your chatting on the phone walk around.
- Walk your kids to school, if you don’t live close enough, park a little bit away and walk them the rest of the way.
- At the end of the day, tidy up your house! Another win, win, more steps and no clutter!
Regardless of what your daily schedule is, there are many times you can change things up and add in a few extra steps. With these tips and a little adjusting on your part, you will be achieving 10,000 steps a day in no time!